There’s nothing that reminds us more of back to school than the age-old image of an apple on the teacher’s desk. But why the apple? Seemingly overlooked, the apple has a surprising number of health benefits to offer us!
1) A heart healthy food- Western and Eastern medicine agree, apples strengthen the heart! Their soluble fiber helps prevent cholesterol-rich plaque build up in your arteries. It can even help reduce cholesterol too!
2) Apples are packed with vitamins C, A , potassium, and flavonoids and with smaller amounts of phosphorus, iron, and calcium. And all in only 50-80 calories!
3) The soluble fiber in apples can help with all kinds of digestive problems, easing unpleasant bowel movements.
4) Apples, like many fruits, help to detoxify our livers. This is essential for healthy functioning of all other organs!
5) Apples can help prevent skin diseases and many forms of cancer.
The Sprout offers many ways to enjoy this powerful fruit!
Juices: Almost all of our juices contain some apple! The taste blends perfectly with many veggies, but it also provides us with that full nutritional value we want from our green juices!
Smoothies: Try any of our fruit smoothies, all made with freshly juiced apples. Refreshing and thirst quenching on a hot day.